Client: Woolmark & National Geographic
Surround Vision joined explorer and photographer Pete McBride for a special journey into the Colorado mountains, in partnership with National Geographic and Woolmark.
This stunning 360 degree film immerses the viewer in the beautiful Colorado wilderness as they follow one of National Geographic’s Adventurers of the Year into the Colorado mountains and wilderness.
- Gina Rodriguez of TV’s ‘Jane the Virgin’ showing how role models gave her the courage to only accept acting roles that empower women.
- Inna Braverman, the pioneering clean energy entrepreneur, who pushed to develop a patented technology for the generation of clean energy.
- Tiera Fletcher, a 22 year old aeronautical engineer working for NASA, who’s paving the way for women in space exploration and science.
- Ibtihaj Muhammad, the first American Muslim to win a medal at the Olympics wearing a Hijab. Who now runs a fashion label and Muslim Barbie Doll.
Cinematic VR Film
The weather was kind to us, allowing the Surround Vision team to hike up with Pete to capture the stunning peaks of the rockies in the snow and clear skies for the aircraft scene. Our custom zip line system enabled the team to capture stunning moving shots with Pete as he raced down the mountain bike tracks.
Working with NatGeo and Woolmark, Surround Vision filmed both a 360/VR and a traditional film, of Pete testing the Woolmark kit to the max in the stunning and diverse mountain scenery of Colorado.
Shot over three days in the spring, we were fortunate to capture the incredible diversity of the terrain and weather in this beautiful part of the world. This perfectly supported the narrative and gave us the opportunity to present the features of the Woolmark products. A demanding brief delivered within budget with an extremely tight schedule.
“If you’re not well equipped, nature can feel like the enemy.”
- Pete McBride, Photographer, Explorer, Adventurer
(and one of National Geographic’s Adventurers of the Year)